Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Autism One was fantastic, and I learned so much! Steve and I are still trying to decompress from driving so many hours straight. And, Michael actually missed us, so he's a little more clingy than normal. But, for the first time ever, I got an "I love you too, Mommy!" I think I was beaming for an hour.

We've seen a lot of really great things lately. Michael has actually wanted to go back to therapeutic riding again, and is doing wonderfully. He didn't forget much, and is already back to standing in the stirrups and trotting. Even though he's a little afraid of being so high, he absolutely loves to trot. His instructor can't believe the change in him since last spring when we had to quit.

One of the reaons I haven't been around as much lately is that Steve and I have been trying to get a project off the ground. We started a web site called ASD Parent Exchange. No, our kids don't get to pick out new parents - it's a website devoted to helping parents start and grow their small businesses.

We kicked it off last month at a local autism resource fair. Even though a lot of people thought it was a great idea, we haven't gotten much interest at the web site. So, I guess I'm asking for your opinion. Would you mind taking a look at the site and letting me know if you think it's a worthwhile endeavor? We have so much on our plates I don't want to waste time, but if you think it's a great idea, we'll keep at it.

No comments: