Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Good day so far!

OK, today is definitely a good day. Never mind that it's only 9am. When my alarm went off, Michael came bouncing in to see if it was time to go downstairs yet. I told him I needed to get my shower, and then we could go downstairs. He said, "OK, I'll play while you take a shower." No fussing, no impatience, just sitting at the top of the stairs reading a book. Definitely a good start.

When I got out of the bathroom, Steve was out of bed and he and Michael had already gone downstairs. I try to let Steve sleep in since he is usually up working until 2 or 3am. But, today he realized I was a zombie getting out of bed and that Michael was trying so hard to be patient, so he got up and got the day started. By the time I got downstairs, Michael had already had all his capsules and his breakfast was ready. I got a huge "Good Morning, Mommy!" when I walked in the kitchen. What more could I ask for? Oh yeah, Steve had a cup of coffee waiting on my desk. Have I told you how much I love my husband?

I got Michael dressed and signed on to work. No work crises, and still a happy kid. Michael asked nicely if he could watch Nemo while I worked. He ate breakfast and watched Nemo. He still takes a lot of prompting to remember to eat, but at least I don't have to physically put the fork in his mouth (much).

At drop off, I got a great hug and a kiss, and a "good-bye Mommy". He's only been using our names for a week or so, and it makes me smile every time. So, now I am home and ready for a busy work day, but I couldn't be happier. Definitely a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're killing me today.. I'm crying over here.

This is such great news. Michael sounds like he is doing great!

:-) Good job!

Renee said...

Thank you so much! Some days are definitely good days. Whenever I have a bad day and want to give up on it all, I'm going to come back to this post!