Friday, September 17, 2010

Seeing through Michael's Eyes (sortof)

Last night I woke up incredibly nauseous. It's such an unsettling feeling to know that you are about to run to the bathroom, and there is nothing you can do about it. Steve was still in his office working, so I asked him to keep me company while I waited.

I noticed that even though I really wanted his company, I had few words, and looking directly at him was nearly impossible. I guess when you are so focused on keeping yourself 'together', you just don't have any extra energy/focus for things that are normally easy.

At one point, Steve offered to make me a cup of ginger lemon tea. (What a wonderful man!) It took a few minutes for me to register what he was saying and to then get out a small 'yes to tea'.

Thankfully, there was only one episode and the tea was able to settle my stomach after. But wow, it's so hard to explain the feeling of revelation when I realized that sometimes you just CAN'T talk or make eye contact, or anything else. You just need to put all your energy into breathing.

I think I'll be a little more patient with Michael today!