Wednesday, August 25, 2010

One step forward..

Today was a pretty good day overall, but the end was pretty depressing. I understand that Michael still has huge, enormous sensory issues, but I just don't understand how he can throw a tantrum over watching more doors after spending half an hour riding elevators and watching doors. Lately, he's been able to express his desire for the one thing that will let him leave happily(one more ride, playing a game when we get home, etc.). Today, he just couldn't. So, he dropped to the ground and screamed.

I'm pretty much over being embarassed by the tantrums, but it still depresses me to see him lose control. In some ways, the better he gets, the harder it is to see him lose it. So tonight, I'm just going to be thankful for the days he can hold it together and not focus on being disappointed when he can't.

No comments: