Saturday, October 16, 2010

Proud of my guy

These last couple weeks have been pretty busy, with lots of great days, and a few more difficult ones thrown in. But, overall, I am so proud of Michael. He really is turning into a nice little kid.

We have been taking him to KEEN, which is a group play/exercise time. They have one-on-one helpers, usually teen volunteers, to help them. Last week, his helper commented on what a polite kid he is. I was just beaming. It's so easy to focus on all the things we still need to work on, and the occasional temper tantrums, that I lose sight of the great kid I have most of the time.

So today, I am going to be happy that I have a kid who will happily help me unload the dishwasher, says please and thank you, and genuinely wants to help others be happy. That is what I choose to focus on today!

1 comment:

Bonnie@TheFragileXFiles said...

Those are all really great things to be happy about in any kid! Love your blog, by the way!