Monday, July 11, 2011

How did it get to be summer?

We are getting ready to try a bunch of new things with Michael this summer, and I realized I haven't posted in a while. Life has been incredibly busy, but I really need to be able to get my thoughts out, so here goes operation blog reboot!

Michael is in summer school for the month of July. On one hand, I feel bad that he doesn't get to do all the typical kid summer things, but on the other, the consistency is so good for him. And, I'm hoping that I can use this month and next to try to introduce a little more structure in home life. I'm evaluating a couple different approaches, and will let you know what we decide!

For now, the biggest new thing is that we've signed Michael up for swimming lessons. He loves the water, but it scares me so much that he can't swim. I hear stories so often of kids on the spectrum wandering and drowning. We still participate with Project Lifesaver, but drowning can happen so fast.

So, there was a groupon for 4 classes, and the teacher has some experience with kids on the spectrum. I just hope it goes well! At the end of the four weeks, we'll have to decide if we want to continue or not, so I have my fingers crossed.

No comments: