Saturday, August 8, 2009

Happy Weekend!

It's been a long week in a number of ways, but things are normalizing. It was Michael's last week of summer camp, and he is definitely going to miss it. The camp is run by an amazing team that really understands 'our' kids. It has been wonderful to see Michael so happy to go to camp every morning!

Mom is recovering nicely from knee replacement surgery. I didn't realize how worried I was about her until I actually got to go visit. She is sounding stronger every day, and mostly back to herself.

One of the best things, is that I don't remember Michael laughing so much. He is understanding the jokes on tv, imitating some of the humor, and just enjoying things so much more. When he's happy, I'm happy.

And finally, I have another friend with a loan request up on Lend 4 Health. She's also going through a rough patch, so I wanted to post a link to their request. It's a loan, quick and easy to do, and really will make a difference!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like your son is doing well. :) That's good to hear...I agree, when they're happy, we are. :)

Also, I've listed your blog on my autism blog list. I'd love for you to list mine, too, if you don't mind. :)