Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Odds and Ends

Sorry I missed posting yesterday, but life has been a little crazy the last few days. We pick up two new activities this week; I have 2 offsite meetings on days I'm normally home; and juggling the schedule has been crazy. I am so thankful that Steve is totally committed to Michael's recovery, and has a lot of flexibility in his job. Between the two of us, we'll get it all done – somehow.

I'm not quite sure why, but Michael has been a lot more emotional the last week or so. One minute he's playing or working nicely; the next he has a mini meltdown. He seems to recover quickly, but it's odd to see him so fragile. We are at the end of our tube of lithium cream, so I am wondering if maybe the end of the tube is less potent than the beginning. We'll start the new tube tonight and see if it helps. I remember seeing dramatic results when we first started the cream, so I am really hoping our solution is as simple as starting a new tube.

We started the new OT today. Michael was skeptical going in, but warmed up quickly and did well overall. He really wanted to play with all the great toys, but did manage to get a lot of work done. She seemed to really understand what she was seeing with him and has a plan to help with his overall body control, as well as fine motor skills. The downside is that the only time she had available was at 3:00. That means he'll miss music every week, but I think it's worth it. She also has us on a list for a later time. Hopefully, something will open up soon.

Tomorrow is Thursday, and there is nothing on the calendar. Then, there is no school Friday, so we have a three day weekend. After the frantic running around of the last few days, I am really looking forward to a little quiet. Who knows, we might even drag out some paintbrushes and paint some stick figures. No matter what we end up doing, I'm sure it will be fun!

No comments: